McClung’s magazine is looking for a new pair of Co-Editors-In Chief for the 2013-2014 year. Breanne and Olivia, the current editors, will be stepping down from their positions upon graduation this June. If you are interested, we encourage you to apply.
The job is challenging, but incredibly rewarding. We are looking for two strong candidates, preferably in their senior year of journalism school to fill these positions.
The Co-Editors-In-Chief are the principle organizers of McClung’s entire operation and production. Responsibilities include:
- Hiring individuals for the 2013-2014 masthead.
- Coordinating editorial and art meetings.
- Creating, managing and balancing the magazine’s budget.
- Managing the magazine’s masthead.
- Overseeing and managing the editorial and art direction of the magazine.
- Setting and keeping track of deadlines.
- Being able to play multiple masthead roles in case things fall through.
The ideal candidates have excellent time management and organization skills, the desire to mentor fellow students, a keen eye for detail and design, strong journalistic ethics, and excellent writing and editing abilities. While it is helpful to have taken magazine courses, it is not a requirement.
Please email us a resume, cover letter and a few digital clippings at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also include why you think you’re the perfect candidate for the position and any ideas you have for next year’s issues (including content, management, circulation and fundraising ideas). Please put “EIC application” in the subject line.
The deadline is Fri. March 29, 2013. Feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions.
Please note this is an unpaid position.
Thank you for your interest and support.
Breanne Nicholson and Olivia Stefanovich