McClung’s Magazine is BACK and looking for a new Editor-in-Chief for its Spring 2016 issue. If you are interested, we encourage you to apply.
The new editor will be picked by January 3.
The job is challenging, but incredibly rewarding. We are looking for a candidate, preferably in their senior year of journalism school to fill these positions.
The Editor-in-Chief is the principle organizer of McClung’s entire operation and production. Key responsibilities include:
- Hiring individuals for the masthead.
- Coordinating editorial and art meetings.
- Creating, managing and balancing the magazine’s budget.
- Managing the magazine’s masthead.
- Overseeing and managing the editorial and art direction of the magazine.
- Setting and keeping track of deadlines.
- Being able to play multiple masthead roles in case things fall through.
The ideal candidates have excellent time management and organization skills, the desire to mentor fellow students, a keen eye for detail and design, strong journalistic ethics, and excellent writing and editing abilities. While it is helpful to have taken magazine courses, it is not a requirement.
Please email us a resume, cover letter and a few digital clippings to email@example.com. Please also include why you think you’re the perfect candidate for the position and any ideas you have for next year’s issues (including story ideas, management, circulation and fundraising ideas). Please put “EIC application” in the subject line.
The deadline is Friday, December 16, 2016. Feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions.
Please note this is an unpaid position.
Thank you for your interest and support.
Editor-in-Chief (Winter 2016 issue)